Tuesday 15 October 2013

Going Dark.




I hate to do this but the time has come for Tony Van Helsing to sign off the blogosphere. Some of you may have noticed my absence from your comments boxes for awhile and I haven't posted anything myself for far too long.

My new job takes up a lot of my brainspace at the moment and I currently have a few other irons in the fire. When I sit down to write a new post I sit looking at a blank screen, unable to think of anything original or funny to say. I can't call it writer's block as I am not a writer.

I've been blogging since 2009 and have enjoyed the fact that other people all over the world have been interested enough to read my burblings, as I in turn have enjoyed reading yours.
It has been like the world opening up to me as I have been in contact with people all over this tiny planet hurtling through space.

But now I fear it is time to go, I can't give you the attention you all deserve and I am sorry for this. Rather than just going silent I have decided to officially say goodbye rather than leaving you in the dark, it is the least I can do for such a great bunch of people like yourselves.

Maybe I will resurface at some point, perhaps in another guise or maybe still as Van Helsing, time will tell.

So it just remains for me to say thank you for sharing your lives with me and an even bigger thank you for wanting to share mine. It has been a genuine pleasure to have met you all and I wish you all the best in the world.

I'll miss you.

Goodbye.

17 comments:

Rob Z Tobor said...

Never say never these blogs can float about in cyberspace for years, and you might just feel the need to post one more wafer thin post.

Good luck for the future and all it may bring.

I believe the average life of a blog is something like two months or about 10 posts so you have had a good run, I have only been blogging since 2011 so have a way to go.

OK as you ride off into the sunset I can now turn to man next to me and ask . . . .

Who was that man in the mask.

Pat Hatt said...

Enjoy real life at your sea until when/if some time comes free. If not been fun and you had a good run

Al Penwasser said...

Fair winds and following seas, my friend.
Or, if you're not a sailor, good luck to you!

Outcast said...

My heart sank as I read this, I really hope Tony that this blog stays up as an archive for all these wonderful posts and if I don't see you again on here I just want to say a massive thank you. I've always valued and appreciated all the care and advice that you've put into my comments section over the year and I'm going to miss this so much along with your witty stories and awesome posts (my favourite being the Oscars one). Best of luck to you and the lady in the future Tony, you're an absolute top class gentleman and you're going to be missed a lot, thank you!

Tony Van Helsing said...

Rob: I think he said his name was Tony.

Pat: Keep on with the rhymes/To stop would be crime.

Al: I'm not a sailor but my dad and three brothers are all ex Royal Navy.

Matthew: Thank you my friend. Always believe in yourself because I believe in you.

Janie Junebug said...

I'll miss you, and I hope you return.

Love,
Janie

Anonymous said...

Oh, you've come a cropper, have you? Bloody hell. I only have one or two Brits who visit, and you always seem to spiff up the place.

Margaret said...

I will get you a goodbye goddess.

Britta said...

Dear Tony,
I can understand your decision: blogging is very time-consuming, and yes: not having time to comment makes it difficult - though, on the other hand, commenting is very time-consuming...
I'm glad to hear that you have a lot to do in your career, and wish you success. I liked your blog - maybe you'll come back some time (blogging has addictive potential :-) Britta

Kelly Polark said...

I think you should just have a temporary absence and then just blog when you feel like it. Even twice a year!

I do get the time constraints though. It is very tough to get to blogs nowadays with my busy schedule. Good luck to you, Tony!

Kinley Dane said...

Aw, so sad to hear that! I understand, as I've barely been around for months. Hopefully this is just a temporary hiatus. I needed time away and I am feeling like coming back now. We'll see :)

Good luck to you and your new job and again, I hope to 'see' you again someday not too far in the future!

Amy said...

I have been very absent in blogland lately too, and was sad to see you are going dark, but I totally understand. Good luck to you, don't let your job overwhelm you. You ARE a writer, people enjoy reading what you write and weigh in. That's writing in my book. Take care, Van Helsing!

Nicki Elson said...

Best sign-off ever.

Jules said...

Good luck mate ;)

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

I hope you come back to us one day...

Happy holidays, Tony!

Anonymous said...

At this moment I am going away to do my breakfast, after having my breakfast coming again to read further news.


Here is my website; goji berry

Unknown said...

Great post! MUCH LOVE AND SUPPORT

I post daily aswell come check out my blog!

MakeItUpOrFunny!
.